I learn the detailed method in the book Selected Cantonese Dim Sum published in 1991. I did it once during the new year. The taste is very good and very close to what I have eaten in a tea house. It’s a bit cumbersome to do, but it’s not difficult. Follow the steps and step by step to get a lot of satisfaction. I’ve simplified some of the steps and ingredients. It is easier for everyone to try it at home.
What is Chicken Feet Dim Sum
Steamed chicken feet is a classic Cantonese refreshment. Although the process looks a little troublesome, you only need to take a bite of the chicken feet that you have transformed from this plate. You will know how happy and content you can be. At the entrance, the boneless fragrance is soft and glutinous, spicy, numb, sweet and fragrant. All kinds of flavors are in this small plate of chicken feet.
Chicken Feet Dim Sum Recipe
Prepare a pound (500 grams) of chicken feet. Cut in half if large. The chicken feet I bought were smaller and didn’t need to be cut. Besides the purple gold sauce, what is the most important thing in this dish, it is definitely cutting the nails of the chicken feet. No one would have thought of any chicken feet with fingernails on. After cutting your nails. Boil hot water in a pot and pour in 30 grams of white vinegar and 30 grams of maltose. Soak the chicken feet in the boiled sweet and sour water for a few minutes. Turn off the heat if the water is boiling or not. Soak the chicken feet until the fingers are bent and take out. Let cool and dry. At this time, when you touch the chicken feet, you will feel that the surface of the chicken feet is sticky. Soak in sweet and sour water to fry to a nice golden brown. After drying, heat the oil in the pan to 200° and fry the chicken feet until golden brown. Be sure to dry or wipe dry before frying. Otherwise, your kitchen becomes a thrilling battlefield in minutes. Take out the fried chicken feet and put them in cold water immediately. Soak for at least an hour until the chicken feet become significantly larger. You can change the water several times in between. The chicken feet are ready to be steamed. Take a large bowl and a large pot and put the soaked chicken feet and 4 grams of star anise, 4 grams of pepper, 4 grams of salt, and 6 grams of cinnamon. Pour the hot water over the chicken feet. Steam the pressure cooker for 15 minutes.
The final step is seasoning. First use cornstarch, soy sauce, oil consumption, vegetable oil and water to fry a sauce-colored porridge and set aside to cool. Gorgon is the same thing used in the filling of this Gorgon and Char Siu Bao. The original method used more materials and I simplified it a bit. First mix the stewed chicken feet with 15 grams of cornstarch, then add 90 grams of glutinous rice just boiled, 6 grams of purple gold sauce, 3 grams of tempeh grains, 5 grams of minced garlic, 3 grams of salt, 3 grams of monosodium glutamate, 10 grams of sugar, 4 grams of sesame oil. 1.5 grams of pepper, mix well with chicken feet. At this time, you can store the unfinished chicken feet in the refrigerator. Take the amount you want to eat for one meal, put it on a plate and steam it for 6-8 minutes. Cut green and red peppers for garnish.
|Chicken feet||500 g|
|Soak chicken feet|
|Braised Chicken Feet|
|Star anise||4 grams|
|Sichuan peppercorn||4 grams|
|Chicken feet seasoning|
|Purple Gold Sauce||1 teaspoon|
|Sanhe Gorgon||90 grams|
|Minced garlic||1 teaspoon|
|White pepper||⅓ teaspoon|
|Sesame oil||1 teaspoon|
Tips & Variations
Purple gold sauce determines whether the chicken feet taste authentic.
How to make Chicken Feet Dim Sum
1. Chicken feet nail clippers.
2. Weigh Maltose and White Vinegar
3. Boil white vinegar and maltose in water
4. Chicken feet bent in sweet and sour water
5. Let them dry
6. Deep frying at 200°
7. Fried until golden
8. Soak in cold water for 1 hour
9. Bubble to increase in volume
10. Add salt, star anise, cinnamon pepper and hot water
11. Steam the pressure cooker for 15 minutes
12. Steam it
13. Boil with cornstarch oil, soy sauce, vegetable oil and water. Set aside to cool.
14. Braised chicken feet sprinkled with cornstarch.
15. Then add the previously boiled glutinous rice and purple gold sauce, tempeh, minced garlic, salt, monosodium glutamate, pepper, and white sugar. sesame oil
16. Stir well
17. Steam for 6-8 minutes
18. Take out of the pot. Serve.
Steamed Chicken Feet Dim Sum
- 500 g Chicken feet
- Soak Chicken Feet
- 30 g Maltose
- 30 g Vinegar
- Braised Chicken Feet
- 4 g Star anise
- 6 g Cinnamon
- 4 g Sichuan peppercorn
- Simplified Sanhelian
- Soy sauce
- Oyster sauce
- Cooking oil
- Chicken Feet Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Purple Gold Sauce
- 90 g Sanhe Gorgon
- 3 g Tempeh
- 1 teaspoon Minced garlic
- ⅓ teaspoon White pepper
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 2 teaspoon Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Sesame oil
- Chicken feet nail clippers.
- Weigh Maltose and White Vinegar
- Boil white vinegar and maltose in water
- Chicken feet bent in sweet and sour water
- Let them dry
- Deep frying at 200°
- Fried until golden
- Soak in cold water for 1 hour
- Bubble to increase in volume
- Add salt, star anise, cinnamon pepper and hot water
- Steam the pressure cooker for 15 minutes
- Steam it
- Boil with cornstarch oil, soy sauce, vegetable oil and water. Set aside to cool.
- Braised chicken feet sprinkled with cornstarch.
- Then add the previously boiled glutinous rice and purple gold sauce, tempeh, minced garlic, salt, monosodium glutamate, pepper, and white sugar. sesame oil
- Stir well
- Steam for 6-8 minutes
- Take out of the pot.