Yogurt is a traditional dessert in China. It is popular in many places. Among them, Beijing yogurt is the most popular one.
What is Beijing yogurt?
Beijing yogurt is a traditionally made solidified yogurt that has been drinking for nearly a thousand years. This yogurt is not a viscous liquid but is essentially solid. It is made by adding a special gel to milk and holding it in a clean container for several hours. The milk will turn into a solid, and everyone who makes homemade yogurt knows it. This gel state is very fragile, as long as you stir vigorously, you can turn the seemingly solid gel back into liquid milk.
Beijing yogurt’s nutritional value far exceeds fresh milk. It contains a variety of lactic acid, lactose, amino acids, minerals, vitamins, enzymes and more. People with stomach problems drink it, which can promote gastric acid secretion. Instead of flatulence and diarrhea after eating, they can ventilate and digestion.
Beijing yogurt recipe
1L pure milk
1 bag of baking powder
How to make Beijing yogurt at home
1. The yogurt machine is turned on and set to a constant temperature. Pour 1L pure milk and sugar in the yogurt machine and mix well.
2. Add baking powder in the milk and mix well. Set aside for more than 10 hours.
3. Refrigerate and serve it with walnuts.
Homemade Beijing Yogurt
- Yogurt machine
- 1 L pure milk
- 1 bag of baking powder
- The yogurt machine is turned on and set to a constant temperature. Pour 1L pure milk and sugar in the yogurt machine and mix well.
- Add baking powder in the milk and mix well. Set aside for more than 10 hours.
- Refrigerate and serve it with walnuts.