Boiled Green Leaf Lettuce is a kind of common homemade dish. It is simple to make, cheap and delicious.
What is green leaf lettuce?
The green leaf lettuce is a kind of slender and green vegetable. It is narrow and small at the base fanning out to a wide, curly, loose top. It also has a mild sweet or semi-bitter taste.
The green leaf lettuce has a long history in China and cultivates in many places. And it is a common food ingredient in restaurants and most Chinese families.
Health benefits of green leaf lettuce
The green leaf lettuce is rich in nutrients and contains a large amount of beta carotene, antioxidants, vitamins B1, B6, vitamin E, vitamin C, as well as a large amount of dietary cellulose and trace elements such as magnesium, phosphorus, calcium and a small amount of iron, copper and zinc.
Eat green leaf lettuce has the effect of clearing heat, relieving pain, hypnosis, lowering cholesterol, and assisting in the treatment of neurasthenia. In addition, green leaf lettuce contains active ingredients such as mannitol, which has the effect of diuresis and promoting blood circulation, clearing liver and gallbladder and nourishing the stomach.
Green leaf lettuce vs romaine
1. Roman lettuce is a variety of lettuce that grows in a tall head of sturdy dark green leaves with firm ribs down their centers. Unlike most lettuce, it is heat resistant. And the green leaf lettuce is slender, the base is thin and small, fan-shaped and spreads to form a wide, curly top. It like growing in a cool environment, it is neither cold nor heat resistant.
2. Green leaf lettuce is very crispy and also contains a lot of water, while the taste of Roman lettuce is not so good, not as crisp as green leaf lettuce.
3. There are many cook methods for green leaf lettuce. You can make it for salads, stir-fry with garlic, make a soup or noodles dish, while Roman lettuce is only used for salads.
Is green leaf lettuce safe to eat?
Many people like to eat raw green leaf lettuce, but you must make sure it is clean. In addition, people with frequent urination and stomach cold shouldn’t eat too much.
How to store green leaf lettuce
The refrigerator contains a lot of moisture, and if the green leaf lettuce is put into the refrigerator for a long time, and it is easy to lose the crisp taste.
Therefore, the first step is to dry the water on the surface of the green leaf lettuce. Then wrap it with a clean paper towel, put it in a bag and store it in the refrigerator. Or you can put a layer of paper towel in the refrigerator crisper to absorb moisture and extend the preservation time.
But it must avoid storing with fruits such as bananas and ripe apples to prevent the induction of red spots.
Green Leaf Lettuce Recipe:
350g green leaf Lettuce
2 tablespoons oyster sauce
2 medium cloves of garlic
1 teaspoon sugar
How to make Green Leaf Lettuce
1. Cut the garlic into pieces. Mix 2 tablespoons of oyster sauce and 1 teaspoon of sugar in a bowl.
2. Heat a wok with water and cook until boiling. Add the green leaf lettuce and cook for 1 minute. Then, drain and transfer on a plate.
3. Heat a wok with oil, and stir-fry garlic until fragrant. Pour the oyster sauce mixture in the wok and cook under high heat until boiling.
4. Sprinkle the sauce on the green leaf lettuce. Serve.
Boiled Green Leaf Lettuce
- 350g green leaf Lettuce
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 medium cloves of garlic
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Vegetable oil
- Cut the garlic into pieces. Mix 2 tablespoons of oyster sauce and 1 teaspoon of sugar in a bowl.
- Heat a wok with water and cook until boiling. Add the green leaf lettuce and cook for 1 minute. Then, drain and transfer on a plate.
- Heat a wok with oil, and stir-fry garlic until fragrant. Pour the oyster sauce mixture in the wok and cook under high heat until boiling.
- Sprinkle the sauce on the green leaf lettuce. Serve.